Thursday, July 1, 2010

God Never Intended For Me To Be A Pioneer Woman

Hubby's been gone for about 10 days. Thankfully he doesn't travel often, and when he's gone I give myself a break from cooking and we eat all the things I'd never get away with seving him  simple things like soup, sandwiches and breakfast foods for dinner.

However, I've been sick for five days. A couple of days later, little John got sick, too. The past few days John has ben so sick I've barely gotten off the couch, since he won't let me leave his side.
Thankfully, we have TV. And a fridge. My girls have survived on cereal, eggs, and sandwiches.

I can't even imagine what life would be like without all the conveniences we're used to. Every time the poor little guy threw up, I could start the washing machine. Cans of soup were heated in the microwave. The air conditioning meant that he didn't have to suffer in 100 degree weather with a 103 degree fever.

Can you even imagine living "back then" and surviving? I've found myself feeling completely run down. And then I was thinking about what it would be like if I was washing things by hand, cooking over a fire, hauling water inside. This gal was NOT meant for roughing it. As glamourous as living in a plantation house inthe 1800s sounds, I think I'll be glad God put me in the here and now.

And now, it's time for a Chik-Fil-A run.......

PS - I'm posting at Chic Critique today, so come visit me over there as well!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I was thinking those same things when we went to Williamsburg the other day.It was 101 degrees and the women were having to cook food OVER A FIRE!

Geesh!

Sorry you guys were sick!

The Buntens said...

Amen! I was certainly born in the right time!

I hope you guys are feeling better!