I'm in a Christmas-y Mood Today! Also, I'm playing along with my friend Janel, at DandelionDayz, who is listing her top 10 fav Christmas songs. So here are some of my favorites!
1. O Holy Night (any version. But I especially love it when Jeff Nielsen sings it on Christmas Eve at church! And I love Josh Groban's too)
2. Carol Of the Bells (instrumental and with vocals)
3. Gloria (Michael W. Smith) LOVE this!!!
4. Breath of Heaven (Amy Grant)
5. Strange Way to Save the World (4Him)
6. Mary Did You Know?
7. What Child Is This and Angels We Have Heard on High (Third Day)
8. Wexford Carol (instrumental)
9. Don't Save it All For Christmas Day (Clay Aiken)
10. Most Wonderful Time of the Year (Point of Grace)
11. Most instrumental Celtic Christmas music, especailly when the fireplace is on!
Don't recognize some of them? Then look 'em up on Youtube and have a listen. I think you'll love them too! What are your favs? To see Janel's list, go to http://www.dandeliondayz.com/. She got the idea from Jo-Lynne, at http://www.musingsofahousewife.com/, so check that one out too!
Funny story about "Angels We Have Heard On High." Years ago, when Emma was only 2 1/2, we were at church, and everyone was singing this song. Since it was Christmas Eve, she was in the service with us. Never thinking to explain the words, there she stood on her chair, singing with all her might: GLOOOORRRIAA, "Pulling Jessie's Tail All Day!" We never did figure out who Jessie was, or why she'd be pulling his tail.......... haha :)