All I'm capable of this morning is a random list, so here goes....
1) I saw A Philadelphia Story with Katharine Hepburn last night with some gal pals. Great movie! I was suprised. It was a good picture of a critical spirit, how others view someone with a critical spirit, and what happens once someone really starts accepting others and "feeling". If you haven't seen it, go rent it and watch it! Plus, Cary Grant and Jimmy Stewart are in it, too!
2) Emma got the worst sunburn the other day. She wouldn't listen when I told her to reapply her sunblock before I left the pool, and she stayed on with friends. She came home much later than I expected, and she was scorched. I felt terrible! Her face looked like a tomato, and she had a rash all over her chest. How long does that last? She says it still itches.
3) I love going to the pool, but sometimes it seems like such a hassel! The amount of pool gear just seems to build every day. And I'm getting tird of washing towels already. Would it be mean to give my kids one of those car wash thingys that sop the water up and you can squeeze out? Hmmm...
4) John has been sleeping till after 8am most mornings!
5) And I'm glad he's been waking up later. Because I've been going to bed so ridiculously late most nights. I'm on another reading streak. I need some good books to read. Any suggstions?
6) We've had our new dog almost 3 weeks now. Chester is 1 1/2, and he's a Shih Tzu/Maltese. He's very sweet. But he doesn't go potty outside very often. And he STINKS. He's had one bath here, and last week we had him groomed at PetsMart. He smelled again within a day. I feel bad, but I don't want to be very close to him because he smells so bad. I don't know what to do. And I'm worried that my house will start to smell like dog. Again, any suggestions?? Help!!!
7) I still have a large box of individually frozen Tilapia filets. I made some last night with roasted red pepper, olives, sundried tomato and feta. It was yummy. But I need some other new ways to fix it. Any great fish recipes out there?
8) The kids want to reinstate a summer tradition from last year: Ice Cream Mondays and Donut Fridays. Maybe part of the tradition should be heading to the gym right after Dunkin Donuts....
9) The girls have been really good about their chores this summer. Ryan decided a few weeks ago that instead of us remembering to check up on them, it would be their responsibility to come to us and have their list signed each night. If they don't have it signed, they don't get credit fot it. So far, so good!
10) Is it sad that the most exciting thing happening around here is that "The Princess Protection Program" premiere comes on Disney tomorrow night???
What's on your mind today?
Fall Shoes Under $150
8 hours ago