Saturday, August 22, 2009

Out of the Mouths (of kids...)

I had such a huge laugh yesterday, I just had to share!

Last night a friend was over with her 6 year old daughter, who I will call Sally. We were all sitting on the couch, and Clara was sitting and listening to all the conversation too. My friend was laughing at how she always tells her daughter that when she was born, she "shot out like a football." (Ok, ignore the TMI...)

She started telling a very quick birth story, and it went like this: "Right before she was ready to be delivered, I felt so sick. I kept telling the nurse that I had to throw up. The nurse told me to just get it over with. So I did. I threw up, and when I did, Sally shot right out."

We laughed together about it. Clara's eyes got real big. With her mouth hanging open, she asked, "Sally came out of your MOUTH???!!!"

Sorry, but that is just too funny!
Enjoy your weekend! :)


3 comments:

Emily said...

I LOVE kids and the funny things they say...and how literal they are! This is too funny!

Carpool Queen said...

And THAT's how rumors get started.

Unknown said...

So funny!