Sunday, September 28, 2008

Any Time, Any Place

Little John has been sick.

And if you're a parent, you know that when you have a sick toddler, the time ticks by V. E. R. Y. S. L. O. W. L. Y.

To make matters worse, I've been sick, too. So my patience has been wearing a little thin.

Desperate to make the time pass, and desperate to sit for just a few minutes, I ran the tub and stuck John in it. He thought it was a blast. I sat there watching him smile and laugh, and it made me smile, too.

All of a sudden, he squeezed his little two year old eyes shut, and said "Dear God, thank you my friends, and granny, and grandpa, and tractor."

Then he picked up his pirate toy, and kept on playing.

Melt. My. Heart!!

How absolutely precious to hear his two year old little self being thankful for his favorite things, in the midst of a mundane day. He didn't wait for "prayer time." He didn't wait until we were talking about friends, or family, or toys.

His little heart was just plain thankful, and no matter where he was, or what he was doing, he stopped to thank God for it.

That's how it should be always, isn't it? Any time. Any place. For reasons big and small.
Just come and talk to Him.

No comments: