Wednesday, September 10, 2008

expectations

One thing happening around here is that Emma is getting all excited to start Cotillion in a few weeks.
Don't get me wrong, I'm excited too. Because, in my mind, I've always planned on my girls doing this anyway. So I'm glad she wants to, and that she's excited.

HOWEVER.

Exactly how many dresses should I be expected to purchase???

Sunday dresses and white gloves are required, of course. I eased up on my requirements for what she wore to church this summer. So she really only has one dress that will be appropriate.
And, silly mom that I am, I mentioned that to her tonight. Just something along the lines of "Hey honey, you have that pink dress..."
Her response?

"UHHHHH! Mama, I am so not wearing that!!"

Me: (speechless, of course........)

W.H.A.T.???

Does my little pre-debutante really think she's entitled to a new dress for each class?

WOW.

More to come............





No comments: