Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Eat THIS!

Have you SEEN this new book???

I bought it at Borders the other day. It's called: Eat This, NOT That! For Kids!

WOW.

Did you know that your kiddo is better off eating a peanut butter chocolate chip granola bar, than a Nutri-grain bar?

Listen to this: You know that healthy-lookin' cereal called Smart Start? It has 7 different sweeteners in it. More than any other cereal at the supermarket. It's just 3 grams of sugar shy of a Hagen-daz bar.

Now, get ready to be SICK.....
Let's say you go to Chili's. Your kids order the usual - chicken nuggets or tenders. Chili's has Chicken Crispers. If they eat the 2 chicken strips and french fries, with ranch dipping sauce and ketchup, they will have consumed 1,110 calories, 82 grams of fat, and 1980 mg of sodium!!! (this doesn't even include the Coke or sweet tea that they will down with it...)

Oh. My. Freakin. Gosh.

Seriously, y'all.

Go Buy This Book.

You will be absolutely amazed by what's in it. It not only goes through all the good and bad choices at restaurants, it gives color pictures of all the things you'd normally buy at the grocery store, and gives surprising answers to what you should be picking for your kids.

It's seriously making me take a good hard look at what I feed my kids, and even pack in their lunches.

What do you feed your kiddos most of the time? What do you pack in their lunches?

I'd love to hear your comments about this!

1 comment:

The Buntens said...

Oh, I heard about this book! I want it.

They also have one for adults.

I hope your day is better tomorrow, by the way. Sometimes a good cry is all we need, huh?