Friday, June 20, 2008

Birthday Bash

Emma turned 10 this week.
10 YEARS OLD!!!
I know what everyone must think..... "No way Kristin can have a kid that old!"
But it's true.

For her birthday breakfast last year, we went to Baskin Robbins to have ice cream. I figured she would want that again, but she chose to have breakfast in bed. She also decided that she wanted to open most of her gifts in the morning before daddy left for work. So at 7:30 am, there we sat, as Emma opened horse-drawing kits, books, a horse whip, and outfits and jewelry from Justice.

(Don't know what Justice is? Oh, it's just a store that charges more for a kids t-shirt than I spend on a whole outfit for myself.....)

Anyway, Emma LOVED the outfits. After her breakfast, she immediately put on a turquoise tank top with sequins, a white skirt (with sequins), dangling earrings with silver glitter, and a headband (with sequins.) She thought that she looked at least 15. Sad to say, so did I!

I'm realizing very quickly these days how fast she is growing up. This is the first birthday she has ever had where she hasn't gotten a Barbie doll from anyone. She actually ASKED for clothes and jewelry. Between our family party, and then her roller skating party with friends, I think she had a blast. And she was thankful. That's what I'm most proud of. My little girl is becoming a fine young lady.



No comments: