What a week!
Ryan has been gone for 6 days. I started the week by keeping the house clean. I even thought that I would finish tackling all the clothes in my bedroom while he was gone, and SUPRISE! he would come back to a spotless home. Yeah - the best laid plans.........
Cuz here's the problem. I'm EXHAUSTED.
I'm thinking that there should be some kind of special award for me this week. Here are some good reasons that I should be in the running for mother of the year (or at least the month...)
* I put a two year old to bed numerous times this week at 10pm.
* I gave the same two year old enough coffee to keep him awake past 10pm.
* He also had pizza four times this week.
* Should I mention that he's swallowed about 39 pieces of gum in 3 days? (well, almost...)
* Within a few hours, I rescued him from diving into the deep end of the pool, and another mom caught him after he ran out of McDonalds into the parking lot. (maybe his extra energy came from the mocha he drank at Harris Teeter??)
* During those same few hours, I "lost" Clara for a few minutes in the culdesac while I enjoyed a little wine with the neighbors.
BUT. My kids did all sleep (some) this week. They had (mostly) clean clothes. They ate (kinda healthy?) food. No one got sick. They got hugs. We even went walking late at night looking for frogs. And every popsicle in the freezer is gone.
I guess now that I think about it, it was a pretty good week. :-)
Fall Menswear Look with Nordstrom
3 hours ago