Saturday, June 28, 2008

Friends

Today I got to hang out with my best friend from High School!!!

She was in visiting her parents, and drove a few hours with her husband and 3 little ones to visit us for the afternoon.

Mindy and I first met during our freshman year of High School. We hung out, double dated, and shared clothes. We did silly teenager things. We measured how high our bangs were with a ruler. We even had a bet going at the end of our senior year to see who missed the most days of school! (I won...). She was the Maid of Honor in my wedding.

But for almost 10 years we've lived over 1000 miles apart.

So, most of our true "knowing each other" was done before we both became mommies. But when we do see each other, it seems like no time has passed.

THIS time, it DID feel different in a way.

This was the first time I have met her youngest daughter, who is only 6 months old. And it was the first time I had ever observed her being a mommy to 3 little ones.

I sat in the family room, with every toy we own scattered around me. And I said,
"Mindy, what are we DOING??? Here we are, with 6 KIDS between us. CRAZY!!!"


It is crazy. It's also really cool to see who my friend from so long ago has become as a wife, and a mother.

It was a fun and hectic day, and I was sad to see it come to an end so quickly. But what a blessing it was! I hope it happens again soon! :-)


No comments: