Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Passports and More

I spent part of my day today with Ryan and the kids at the post office, getting our passports renewed. FUN!

We went to Europe 12 years ago, before kids. And we haven't been out of the country since.

My passport expired two years ago. Ryan's expired in 2000!

And so now, with the possibility of a trip looming, we need those bad boys to be current!

This is what I hate about the renewal process though:

1) We aren't even sure that we are going anywhere anytime soon.
2) Just in case we go somewhere this month, we needed to expedite our requests.
3)That costs a lot of money. For something we might not even need this year!

But what if?

Good question.

Doesn't it apply to so many things in life?

Although the cost seemed high to renew, would I be willing to pay the price of not having it when it's needed, and ruining a posible vacation?

What things in life am I waiting on doing, just because it's an inconvenience now?

I want to live my life in such a way that when the storms come, I am secure. Secure in my relationship with God. Confident in His Word, because I've spent time letting it seep into my life and my heart - changing me from the inside out.

I want to look back and know that I did the things that needed to be done to make a better tomorrow.

Our gracious friend and travel agent commented a few days ago, "Just think, once you have your passports, you're ready to go wherever you want for the next 10 years!"

I liked that comment, because that's what got me thinking.

If I take time today, to get ready for tomorrow, who knows what awesome things God will bring my way??






No comments: