Wednesday, October 14, 2009

The Best Medicine

After I wrote yesterday's post, which included my weepy story about having glass dug out of my foot, I spent the rest of the day on the couch, with my foot in the air.

When Clara came home, she felt terribly sorry for me. She asked me over and over if it hurt, and became angry at the doctor for hurting me and giving me a shot. After snuggling with me for a few minutes, she disappeared upstairs for a while.

When she came back down, she gave me a big smile, and handed me this.




The picture of course is me, shopping at Marshall's with a hurt foot. (Which is why she says I am sticking my foot out in the picture.) The girl knows that nothing would make me happier than Marshalls.

The other side of the page had this:





Apparantly, I rock! And I fix mistakes, and I love marshmallows. Oh, and also - I'm the best!

That kid loves me. I love her so much.
Isn't that the best medicine of all?


5 comments:

jen@odbt said...

Those drawings and notes totally make up for the hurt foot. What a sweet girl. PS: I love Marshalls too.

Stefani said...

She is so sweet! You are the best mommy! I hope your foot feels better soon!

(I found a great pair of trouser jeans at Marshall's last week! I have a new love for that store!) :)

Emily said...

That is absolutely the sweetest thing I've seen in a long time! Now you've given me the warm fuzzies. Tell Clara that she made a lady in Arkansas smile on a very gray, melancholy day. I needed that smile!

The Buntens said...

Oh, that is so stinkin' sweet!!!!


I'm sorry for your foot. Can I bring you anything?

Unknown said...

Your foot stories made my cringe!!! Ouch!