Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Made My Day

And they say customer service is dead...

Yesterday I stopped by the Whole Paycheck Whole Foods store for a few things.
After last week's shopping trip there, I was hesitant to go back. I brought home rotten strawberries, and stale tortilla chips.
I didn't get a chance to go back the following day, and had thrown out my receipt. I decided yesterday that I'd mention something to the manager, just in case I could get the items replaced.

The manager didn't care that I lost the receipt. She said she wanted to take care of me right away. She gave me an extra bag of chips, and gave me a gift card with double the amount I'd paid for the strawberries. I thanked her for doing so much. She said "It's not too much - it's how we always do things."

Well. Just pick. me. up. off. the .floor.
Maybe shopping there does take almost an entire paycheck.
But I'll hand it over for some good, old-fashioned customer service.

4 comments:

Stefani said...

I knew I liked that store! Honestly, I have found it's not much more expensive than shopping at HT depending on what your buying. If you're looking for organics, WF is the way to go. I've even seen some of the produce cheaper at WF. I just wish it was closer to my house. :)

Unknown said...

That is awesome! and so good to know. I don't shop at WF as much as I would like because it is expensive, but I might shop there more knowing that their customer service is so awesome.

Carpool Queen said...

Wow! That's suprising. I love going there, but usually it's a date night browsing spot to pick up an item or two to try.

Marilyn said...

Oh my gosh, you are too funny! Someone who is perfectly imperfect! I love it.. Thank you for writing and crossing out stuff. It truly makes for an interesting read. I'm going to visit you often. I got your blog address from a mutual friend Emily. xo
MaryLynn